Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • MaryGlynn

      Adopt a Spot July & August   07/01/2017

      Read more about places we have adopted to focus on in our giving July through August. http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11091-bi-monthly-adoption-for-julyaugust-2017/
    • MaryGlynn

      CLICK WITH HAIN (Purple hats 4 awareness)   07/01/2017

      Please read more about how we can bring awareness and warm heads if babies. http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11093-click-with-hain/
    • MaryGlynn

      Sharing your story with us   07/02/2017

      Infant loss is devastating. If you are here do to the loss of your precious baby we are so deeply sorry for your loss.  Sometimes it feels good to just share your hurt, and heartache with others who understand what you are going through.  Here is a place to share your story.. http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/forum/260-an-angels-passing-sharing-your-story/ You can also share pictures and more. With your story if you give us permission to share, we will make a special blog post here in HAIN. We call the blog "an angels passing. " We may also use it in a newsletter article. But only with your permission. Note you can still share your story and we will not share it without your permission to do so first.  
    • MaryGlynn

      School Supply Drive   07/04/2017

      Every year we collect school supplies for children who need them.  Learn more about it here: http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11095-school-supply-drive-2017/
MaryGlynn

July 2017 Roll Call

Recommended Posts

MaryGlynn    1

Hello all.

Please share you are still here with us. What are you up to? Do you need prayers? 

Let us know how you are!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Erin    1

Hi! I've been super busy getting ready to leave for school in August, so I've been knitting when I can find a spare moment! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnneKClay    2

I am still crocheting for our local NICU. I focus on making blankets and cocoons. I recently saw a picture of a baby in the NICU wearing one of the hats I made - made my day! You never know how many families a simple crocheted or sewn item is making a difficult time just a little easier.

Anne

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaryGlynn    1
30 minutes ago, AnneKClay said:

I am still crocheting for our local NICU. I focus on making blankets and cocoons. I recently saw a picture of a baby in the NICU wearing one of the hats I made - made my day! You never know how many families a simple crocheted or sewn item is making a difficult time just a little easier.

Anne

I agree 100% Anne. Thank you for sharing that. 

2 hours ago, Erin said:

Hi! I've been super busy getting ready to leave for school in August, so I've been knitting when I can find a spare moment! 

Thank you so much Erin, you are awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JenR    15

Found a few minutes to myself to log in and check on the group.  We went on a short family vacation over July 4th weekend.  Now to get caught up with the laundry and such before heading back to work on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaryGlynn    1
17 minutes ago, JenR said:

Found a few minutes to myself to log in and check on the group.  We went on a short family vacation over July 4th weekend.  Now to get caught up with the laundry and such before heading back to work on Monday.

Did you see the winner for the raffle? Check it out ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JenR    15
1 minute ago, MaryGlynn said:

Did you see the winner for the raffle? Check it out ;)

I did.  How exciting.  I tried to comment on that post, but once again it is sporadic which posts I can reply to or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm here! Finally able to get back into the swing of things with crocheting! Ryan just had 12 days off work and has to go back tomorrow. :( It was nice while we had the time though, I still say it would be great if they paid him to stay home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I am back from vacation and done with my hubby's milestone birthday party. Whew.  Now I can get the house back in order.  I'm also going to start look around for some neat prizes for our next raffle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawn Mason    7

I'm here. I'm about halfway through physical therapy for my shoulder, got 3 more weeks for bowling league (counting a playoff week), and trying to stay real busy after my son-in-law passed away. I still get teary when I thing about him so I can't even fathom what my daughter must be going through. I'm working on a baby blanket for our building manager for her baby shower on the 19th. After that I'm going to try to focus on HAIN. I've been letting life get too much in the way here lately, so I need to get back on track. I did get two onsie/hat/bootie sets and two blanket/hat/bootie sets sent to Christiana Hospital at the end of June. I still have to send Elaine the paperwork. You can tell that's not one of my strong points. I should go do that now while I'm thinking about it. Have a blessed day HAINees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SDCOATES    1

Hello All,

I'm here also. Still making burial garments in my spare time! Been helping out my family most of the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rhonda    0

Hi,

I'm here, currently working on crocheting c2c heart blankets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking in!!  I am working on purple hats for the July/August challenge and these beautiful crochet lace angels to include in my hospital support packages.  I'll post a picture when I start assembling the pieces and where I found this pattern. Other than that, I'm preparing for a conference in Vegas the second week in August (hopefully I'll be able to handle the heat) and training for my first Warrior Dash on August 12th. YIKES!! I'm nervous about the obstacles, but my trainer has me doing all sorts of crazy stuff to prep me.  Wish me luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eastnurse    2

Hello all,

I started working on some preemie blankets to go along with the hats I have made. By the way, if you'd like to get yarn for a good price, it's flea market and rummage sale season. I often find yarn at $1/skein or less at these events. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got one preemie hat finished and another on the needles right now, unless the cat has somehow managed to break into the dresser drawer where I hid the knitting bag last night.  He absolutely will not leave my knitting alone if I leave it in the family room where I prefer to knit, unless I remember to store it in the little table next to the couch that also has storage space with a latching door so it's basically cat-proof.  On Monday I didn't feel like bending to put the bag inside the table, so I covered it with 3 pillows and the heavy notebook containing all my baby knitting patterns.  The next morning I heard his famous "I've got something I'm not supposed to have" yowl (he repeats it in a rhythm), and not only did I find the hat on the bedroom floor with only 2 DPN's attached and a long trail of yarn leading to the kitchen, but he'd also dragged in 2 other skeins of yarn that were being kept in the knitting bag for the next project!  By some miracle only 3 stitches were dropped, although I couldn't do anything but pick up that section of loose stitches right then.  I decided to fix the problem last night, but this time I was in the bedroom, and when I was done I put the entire bag in an empty dresser drawer in the spare bedroom.  Even if he knows it's there, I know he can't open that drawer (it doesn't have handles so it's also cat-proof like the storage table).

And yes, I will wash everything before it comes to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still here! I recently had to go back to work so have not had energy to do anything.  However starting in August my hours will be reduced (my request) and am hoping to get back into all.

Janie

Waco, tx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jean M    0

Hoping to retire soon so I can devote time to learning how this board works. I'm completely confused at this point, but received the email to check in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been keeping busy, Just sent out two cartons containing Memory Boxes on July 7th. One went to N.J. and the other IL. Currently working on the Memory Box that was requested by Jackie Krafka. Hopefully it will be finished this weekend after my grandkids go home, as they have been here visiting with us for the past week. I am also hoping I can figure out what is wrong with my cellphone as it won't let me download any of my pictures, so that's why I haven't been posting any. I also want to let Elaine know that I received my gift card and thank you note from her today..I never thought I would be one of the winners in the gift drawing contest. Quite a pleasant surprise. Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jo Ann    9

Hi!

Just printed off some newborn crochet hat patterns for the purple hat challenge.  Will be away for a few days and that will be easy to tote along with me.

I've been avoiding troubleshooting my sewing machine.  LOL   I will find time this weekend.  

Thank you again for the raffle prize!  I received it in the mail  yesterday ( Wednesday)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diana    7

Hi,

I'm still here.  I got a few blankets and hats done last month, but i haven't sent any out yet.  Hopefully when i get the one i'm working on done, I will send them all.  It seems to be my struggle.  .  .  the sending.  I have bags of finished projects that just need sent.  Get on it Diana!  I really don't know what my problem is.  

I hope everyone is doing well and Congratulations to the winners.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaryGlynn    1
On 7/9/2017 at 5:55 PM, Diana Richie said:

I'm here! Finally able to get back into the swing of things with crocheting! Ryan just had 12 days off work and has to go back tomorrow. :( It was nice while we had the time though, I still say it would be great if they paid him to stay home.

No kidding. Brian used to say the same thing. If he had a day off, he hated going back lol.

I am thankful you are feeling better. Lots of love to you. Xoxox

On 7/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, Elaine Zamora said:

Well I am back from vacation and done with my hubby's milestone birthday party. Whew.  Now I can get the house back in order.  I'm also going to start look around for some neat prizes for our next raffle.  

How did his party go? I know you were excited about it, now my nosy nose wants to know more hehehe.

I love it when things go back to normal. The calm after the busy storm haha I hope you get some relaxing time in. Lots of love

On 7/10/2017 at 1:07 PM, Dawn Mason said:

I'm here. I'm about halfway through physical therapy for my shoulder, got 3 more weeks for bowling league (counting a playoff week), and trying to stay real busy after my son-in-law passed away. I still get teary when I thing about him so I can't even fathom what my daughter must be going through. I'm working on a baby blanket for our building manager for her baby shower on the 19th. After that I'm going to try to focus on HAIN. I've been letting life get too much in the way here lately, so I need to get back on track. I did get two onsie/hat/bootie sets and two blanket/hat/bootie sets sent to Christiana Hospital at the end of June. I still have to send Elaine the paperwork. You can tell that's not one of my strong points. I should go do that now while I'm thinking about it. Have a blessed day HAINees.

I am so deeply sorry for your families loss. There are no words but I am so deeply sorry. My prayers for your daughter, you and family. 

So so sorry Dawn. I wish I could hug you and love on you :(

On 7/10/2017 at 6:13 PM, SDCOATES said:

Hello All,

I'm here also. Still making burial garments in my spare time! Been helping out my family most of the summer.

Thank you so very much. Your time is priceless and I am grateful!! I hope you are taking time for you as well. Thank you for posting!

On 7/12/2017 at 9:21 AM, Rhonda said:

Hi,

I'm here, currently working on crocheting c2c heart blankets.

Nice. I would love to see pictures!!!

On 7/12/2017 at 10:29 AM, Beth Isberner said:

Checking in!!  I am working on purple hats for the July/August challenge and these beautiful crochet lace angels to include in my hospital support packages.  I'll post a picture when I start assembling the pieces and where I found this pattern. Other than that, I'm preparing for a conference in Vegas the second week in August (hopefully I'll be able to handle the heat) and training for my first Warrior Dash on August 12th. YIKES!! I'm nervous about the obstacles, but my trainer has me doing all sorts of crazy stuff to prep me.  Wish me luck!!

Oh Beth yikes I am not a runner AT ALL haha. So I am 100% rooting for you and I know you can do this!! Listen to your trainer and take a breath. YOU GOT THIS!!

I cannot wait to see pictures!!

On 7/12/2017 at 10:39 AM, eastnurse said:

Hello all,

I started working on some preemie blankets to go along with the hats I have made. By the way, if you'd like to get yarn for a good price, it's flea market and rummage sale season. I often find yarn at $1/skein or less at these events. :)

Yes yes yes flea markets, garage sales all a giid time. Thank you for reminder. I need to go look around my area.

I bet your hats and blankets are so precious! Thank you so much for everything!

On 7/12/2017 at 0:42 PM, Anna Vandenhazel said:

I've got one preemie hat finished and another on the needles right now, unless the cat has somehow managed to break into the dresser drawer where I hid the knitting bag last night.  He absolutely will not leave my knitting alone if I leave it in the family room where I prefer to knit, unless I remember to store it in the little table next to the couch that also has storage space with a latching door so it's basically cat-proof.  On Monday I didn't feel like bending to put the bag inside the table, so I covered it with 3 pillows and the heavy notebook containing all my baby knitting patterns.  The next morning I heard his famous "I've got something I'm not supposed to have" yowl (he repeats it in a rhythm), and not only did I find the hat on the bedroom floor with only 2 DPN's attached and a long trail of yarn leading to the kitchen, but he'd also dragged in 2 other skeins of yarn that were being kept in the knitting bag for the next project!  By some miracle only 3 stitches were dropped, although I couldn't do anything but pick up that section of loose stitches right then.  I decided to fix the problem last night, but this time I was in the bedroom, and when I was done I put the entire bag in an empty dresser drawer in the spare bedroom.  Even if he knows it's there, I know he can't open that drawer (it doesn't have handles so it's also cat-proof like the storage table).

And yes, I will wash everything before it comes to you.

Cats naughty little boogers. Haha Luckily mine haven't paid attention to my yarn. I had one before that obsessed with it. But so far not the ones I have now.

 

On 7/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, janieedwards said:

I am still here! I recently had to go back to work so have not had energy to do anything.  However starting in August my hours will be reduced (my request) and am hoping to get back into all.

Janie

Waco, tx

Janie I miss you lady. I just miss you :(

I hope you get the time you need. Love you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaryGlynn    1
On 7/12/2017 at 7:20 PM, Jean M said:

Hoping to retire soon so I can devote time to learning how this board works. I'm completely confused at this point, but received the email to check in.

I know the board can be confusing. But there is so much info and helps, stick with it. It will all make since and do not be afraid to ask questions.

On 7/12/2017 at 10:49 PM, tristansnannie said:

Been keeping busy, Just sent out two cartons containing Memory Boxes on July 7th. One went to N.J. and the other IL. Currently working on the Memory Box that was requested by Jackie Krafka. Hopefully it will be finished this weekend after my grandkids go home, as they have been here visiting with us for the past week. I am also hoping I can figure out what is wrong with my cellphone as it won't let me download any of my pictures, so that's why I haven't been posting any. I also want to let Elaine know that I received my gift card and thank you note from her today..I never thought I would be one of the winners in the gift drawing contest. Quite a pleasant surprise. Betty

Betty congrats on being a winner!!

I bet you had a wonderful time with grands. Children are such a blessing.

Thank you for everything you do to help these little ones ♡

On 7/13/2017 at 4:17 PM, Jo Ann said:

Hi!

Just printed off some newborn crochet hat patterns for the purple hat challenge.  Will be away for a few days and that will be easy to tote along with me.

I've been avoiding troubleshooting my sewing machine.  LOL   I will find time this weekend.  

Thank you again for the raffle prize!  I received it in the mail  yesterday ( Wednesday)

 

 

 

 

Joann congrats on being a winner! 

Good luck on sewing machine. Darn things. Hopefully it gets fixed soon for you.

Cannot wait to see pictures of your hats you make!! ♡♡♡

On 7/14/2017 at 2:00 PM, Diana said:

Hi,

I'm still here.  I got a few blankets and hats done last month, but i haven't sent any out yet.  Hopefully when i get the one i'm working on done, I will send them all.  It seems to be my struggle.  .  .  the sending.  I have bags of finished projects that just need sent.  Get on it Diana!  I really don't know what my problem is.  

I hope everyone is doing well and Congratulations to the winners.  

 

I understand that one. I can be the same way. I go to post office and grab their flat rate boxes, have some on hand. Sometimes you can ship straight from your home. Flat rate so you know how much to have to ship. Our postal carrier can just take it with her. I am not sure if that is available in your area. You might look into it. Hassle free that way ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey to All,

I've been making a good dent in the yarn stash. Have a mix of wraps, a shirt, and a gown completed. Not sure what I'm in the mood to do next.

I am in the middle of my summer break from teaching. I'll make a big push with crocheting for the next month. It is a much needed respite from the school year - I teach  special ed. Might even take out my sewing machine for some quilting...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party went great.  The weather was warm but I'm glad I started the party at 3 pm or we will all be roasted.  I had the umbrellas and tent opened up but it turned out nice.  I made some homemade banners as my décor. I had the help of Pinterest with ideas.  I made my own napkin holders that also had a small packet of salt and pepper.  The banners were different inside the house and outside of the house. I had very little food left over and the cake was totally gone. In my eyes, it turned out good.

cake.jpg

diningrm.jpg

food.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello from Sunny Southern California!  I haven't made anything for HAIN yet as I've been finishing some projects for other charities and now my granddaughter whose grandparents live in Oregon has requested that I make her another blanket to cuddle. I've made each of my 12 grandchildren blankies when they were born but this one is the blanket queen...3 very worn out blankets in 10 years and now she needs another - haha.  I am still interested in HAIN....just haven't  gotten to that particular project yet. Blessings on all of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.