• Announcements

• MaryGlynn

Adopt a Spot July & August   07/01/2017

Read more about places we have adopted to focus on in our giving July through August. http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11091-bi-monthly-adoption-for-julyaugust-2017/
    • MaryGlynn

CLICK WITH HAIN (Purple hats 4 awareness)   07/01/2017

Please read more about how we can bring awareness and warm heads if babies. http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11093-click-with-hain/
    • MaryGlynn

Sharing your story with us   07/02/2017

Infant loss is devastating. If you are here do to the loss of your precious baby we are so deeply sorry for your loss.  Sometimes it feels good to just share your hurt, and heartache with others who understand what you are going through.  Here is a place to share your story.. http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/forum/260-an-angels-passing-sharing-your-story/ You can also share pictures and more. With your story if you give us permission to share, we will make a special blog post here in HAIN. We call the blog "an angels passing. " We may also use it in a newsletter article. But only with your permission. Note you can still share your story and we will not share it without your permission to do so first.  
    • MaryGlynn

School Supply Drive   07/04/2017

Every year we collect school supplies for children who need them.  Learn more about it here: http://www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11095-school-supply-drive-2017/
MaryGlynn

Back to HAIN..

Rate this topic

MaryGlynn    1

Well now that baby shower has passed and Easter..though I immediatly got a few requests(pattern I shared with HAIN). I am back to full time knitting for HAIN. I have a few donations to send out. Which is exciting! Oh I need to print labels first, almost forgot.

Today I start a hat for the challenge. Hoping to get a few done before the month is up.

I also start my 12 week photography course this Thursday. 

Always lots to do on my plate, but that keeps me living and going in life. To sit and do nothing keeps me to depressed. 

What are all of you up to?

How is the weather in your area?

I cannot wait until our April rains are over so I can go outside and knit. I love doing that!!

Hope to hear from you all.

Cheryl Chow    2

I'm with you on the rain, Mary! I can hardly wait for it to warm up and be sunny for more than a day at a time :) I'm also excited for you to start your photography class. I hope you will post about it on here!

I'm crocheting another baby blanket at the moment and also have a few other knitting things on the needles. I'm feeling like I have startitis ... want to cast on a whole lot of pretty things when I've already got a bunch of projects to finish!

Happy Knitting/Crocheting!

MaryGlynn    1

Amen Cheryl there is always projects on needles, its the curse of the crafter ;)

I know rain rain go away. Geez I mean I realize I live in a wet land, but a little sun would be wonderful!!

Yes I will post about my going ons with photography. Long as you all do not het sick of hearing about it lol

I started a baby hat. Looks like an easter egg because of the colors. So cute so far.

A photography class, Mary? But you are already so talented! You should be teaching the class! :) if you were local, you would be our family's go-to. :) 

MaryGlynn    1
21 minutes ago, Brandi D. (AuntBrandi) said:

A photography class, Mary? But you are already so talented! You should be teaching the class! :) if you were local, you would be our family's go-to. :) 

Awe you are so sweet. And I would be honored too.

The class going into starting your own studio, to the business side of it. Attitude, such as blocks that keep us from reaching our goals, to using lighting better on and on. I am always needing to learn. Every photographer will always need to learn things. If we do not we do not grow but become stagnant. 

I so appreciate you so much!

Jo Ann    9

you know the saying "April showers bring May flowers" .  I do know how too many dreary days can give you the doldrums though.  I'm lucky, this season it hasn't been too bad.  I'm waiting for Lowes and the nurseries to get the summer plants in so I can do some work outside. 

I finished up our business paperwork for taxes and have got a bunch of files to purge and organize yet.  Then this house doesn't clean itself!  Imagine that?  That would be grand!!

You want to hear something funny that I just discovered?  I have 3 kids, and all of these years I've been thinking it's me verses them in keeping the house neat and clean.  Well, they're all grown, 2 are in their own places, and my youngest, 19, lives here, but  is out a lot with work and activities.   So, who is the culprit??   My HUSBAND !    Love him so, but he sure is messy!  LOL  Glad he cooks for me sometimes, but he doesn't use the clean up as you go method.  lol   

Mary, good luck with your class.  I am an amateur photographer.  I definitely need to learn more about lighting and exposures.  I do not shoot on auto, but still use the presets on the camera. 

Cheryl, keep posting on Instagram!  Your work is fabulous!

MaryGlynn    1

Jo Ann what type of photography?

And I have a feeling I may contribute to much mess too. However the kids YIKES. Once mine are not living at home it will be just me so I guess I will find out how big of a pig I am :2pq5mxv:

Jo Ann    9
1 hour ago, MaryGlynn said:

Jo Ann what type of photography?

And I have a feeling I may contribute to much mess too. However the kids YIKES. Once mine are not living at home it will be just me so I guess I will find out how big of a pig I am :2pq5mxv:

oh my gosh Mary.  You crack me up!

The subject of my photos has changed over the years.  Of course, when my kids were young and then throughout school, the pictures were all about them and their activities, sports, holidays, etc. with a few scenic ones from trips.  Now, most of my photos are scenic.   One year, when my son was in marching band, I photographed the kids during rehearsals, football and competitions and that was a lot of fun to tag along with all of them.  The hardest part was thinning the number of pictures down and then I made a scrapbook of the season for the director.  It was very time consuming, so notice I said "one year"  lol.  He marched for 4 years. 

I don't carry my camera around as much as I used to, something I need to start doing again, even if it's just around the yard. 

Cheryl Chow    2
15 hours ago, Jo Ann said:

Cheryl, keep posting on Instagram!  Your work is fabulous!

Thank you, Jo Ann! I love trying to be a bit creative with the photos and recently got a new lens to play around with :) Like knitting/crochet, it's fun to play with the photography too!

• Upvote 1

MaryGlynn    1
2 hours ago, Cheryl Chow said:

Thank you, Jo Ann! I love trying to be a bit creative with the photos and recently got a new lens to play around with :) Like knitting/crochet, it's fun to play with the photography too!

Cheryl, What kinds of things do you love taking pictures of? I know your knit and crochet items always look beautiful in your pictures. 

Cheryl Chow    2

That's pretty much it, Mary ... just knit/crochet projects for my photography. My husband always took the photos of the kids doing their activities as he was better at that. I like my subjects to be still LOL!!

There's a free online photography class that is weekly that I've been participating in and it's helped lots .... when I actually do the homework :) It's here A Year With My Camera if anyone is interested. I think you can still sign up.

MaryGlynn    1
1 hour ago, Cheryl Chow said:

That's pretty much it, Mary ... just knit/crochet projects for my photography. My husband always took the photos of the kids doing their activities as he was better at that. I like my subjects to be still LOL!!

There's a free online photography class that is weekly that I've been participating in and it's helped lots .... when I actually do the homework :) It's here A Year With My Camera if anyone is interested. I think you can still sign up.

That is awesome. Well your pictures are wonderful. I know I appreciate them. The items you make are so stunning and should be displayed in the beautiful way you do. There is something about a good picture that makes me feel the desire to buy products, patterns etc..its eye catching and your drawn to it.

Anyway always looking forward to seeing what you post.

I got the throw blanket for my mom finished up last night, so I too am back to work on things for HAIN. I think I worked through all my scraps suitable for boy hats and I started on some girl hats, I think I have 6-7 done so far.

It's been raining here too for the past few days, I actually hear thunder in the distance so I guess we are in for more today. Sometimes I love the rain (as long as I don't have to go anywhere) there is just something about sitting inside and watching it come down. Severe weather is a completely different story though, those kick my anxiety up. I think we do have a chance for some of those today, but being in Indiana we always have that chance pretty much Spring through Summer.

I'm excited for your photography classes Mary! Hopefully you will enjoy them. I follow a few photographers on facebook and their work is just amazing! My favorite are nature shots. If I had a decent camera I think it would be fun to try.

Last night, I took pics of 2 sets of burial gowns that I created from 2 separate dresses.  When I sent the pics to the ladies who gave me the gowns, they were amazed and in awe that their dresses created such items.  

IMG_2187.JPGIMG_2189.JPG

• Upvote 1