MaryGlynn

Some changes on message board

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Okay, I made some changes in our message board and blogs.

1. I removed the comfort division forum, and just made a place our members or public can share their story. That is password protected. Password is in the discription of the forum. Helps keep privacy, but allows public to share their story with us.

2. I moved the above before the general discussions forum. 

3. I removed our casket division forum. As we are no longer capable at the moment to offer those types of services.

4. I removed several inactive forums that no longer apply to us. A moved the conversations however to the general area in the forums it matches with most.

5. Far as blog, I turned the Childrens division blog into our main All Divisions Blog. And removed all the divisions blogs. I felt that seperating them in the blog area was pointless. Having all of our divisions together in one blog made more since. These blogs are all public, so making the public not have to do as much work and lose interest made more since.

6. I made the challenges forum and adopt a spot together in one. Just a perfect place to discuss them together. Also made it where public can see that particular forum. Hoping it brings more help when they see more about it.

7. I removed the gift exchange and athon forums. Right now they do not apply. And we can always start pinned posts for those in pur general forum area.

I am hoping these areas cleaned up will make things less confusing! 

Any other changes you wish to see?

I also moved all discussions/posts from the div discussion area to the new challenges adopt a spot folder (that pertain to the challenges, aunnual calls and adopt a spot.) I however left a link in the div so when the volunteers click on the post it will lead them to the discussion automatically. 

I left the Div forum private, so when we post indivial emergent request, they still stay private.

The challenges/adopt a spot forum is not private. Since we only post hospital or public places I figured it was safe to do so.

I also added a few graphics to some of HAINs blog headers. You can do that to if you wish on your blog. Super easy!

I made our general discussions forum public (mind you our public forums does not mean anyone will see your address or email(only you and admin can see that). Since we do not post individual needs etc there I thought it was safe to do so. Also allows us to share our posts to fb and public can finally read them. It also allows public to see a general of what we are up to.

You will also notice that I moved some stuff around when you click on forum. It will now show more info above forum and our blogs right after forum. This should draw more attention to these areas.

I also made our forum topic feeds and blogs show on pur main home website page. I cannot edit something from my phone, so some will have to wait. 

Good news, I was finally able to edit our main website. The changes look nice when its in desktop mode instead of mobile. But here they are..

1. I was able to update by adding sidebars like we have on forum.

2. Able to make the important changes on our comfort and casket divisions.

3. Able to finally make an announcement box that will show up on our main website home page, our forum...well many places. We can finally announce upcoming events and the events themselves! When we do an upcoming I can put a date on when to start and end. Diana can also "create events" for the entire year. Just as long as you put the start and end dates on them, they will do it for you, no worrying about remembering or needing to remember. Diana you have to go to forum homepage, should be a button at the very top that says create+. Let me know if it doesnt show!

Anyway good changes!! (I hope)

Let me know what you think?

Bump

Everything looks great!!