MaryGlynn

Bereavement Support Poll

Rate this topic

Bereavement Support Poll   8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you offer bereavement support if offered?

• Yes
    • No
    • By phone
    • By txt
    • By email
    • On forum
    • All the above, except on the no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Could you?

I voted that I would be willing to provide support through text and email, but feel I need to add a disclaimer. I have not suffered the loss of my own child.  I have supported two of my sisters through the losses of theirs, but I do not personally have that experience.  I don't know how comfortable someone would be accepting support from someone who can never fully understand their feelings. If that makes any sense at all. 

I'm sorry but I cannot offer support because I have not experienced the loss of a child and have not had anyone close to me lose a child. 

If I knew what it was like, I'd be willing to help. However, I've never lost a child either, so I don't know if anything I said would be well received.

I am just seeing this post. I can't even count the number of women I have met thru my journey that have cried on my shoulder literally or even just cried thru the computer.  I live on a military base & one of the wives brought me a gown in memory of her own lil angel who was stillborn.  She wears his ashes around her neck.  She actually stopped by before I got home and told my husband she would come back in about an hour or so.  When I got home, my husband said "She looks like she really just needs to talk".  He was right.  I took her to my sewing room & showed her some of my lil creations and even let her hold my Molly's Bears I had made in memory of my own angels.  I just held her when she cried.  I know the main reason I started making burial gowns was to heal my own heart after my losses.  This has been very therapeutic for me.  It is STILL very soothing to me when I am anxious or upset. 

2 minutes ago, Sophia.grace75 said:

I am just seeing this post. I can't even count the number of women I have met thru my journey that have cried on my shoulder literally or even just cried thru the computer.  I live on a military base & one of the wives brought me a gown in memory of her own lil angel who was stillborn.  She wears his ashes around her neck.  She actually stopped by before I got home and told my husband she would come back in about an hour or so.  When I got home, my husband said "She looks like she really just needs to talk".  He was right.  I took her to my sewing room & showed her some of my lil creations and even let her hold my Molly's Bears I had made in memory of my own angels.  I just held her when she cried.  I know the main reason I started making burial gowns was to heal my own heart after my losses.  This has been very therapeutic for me.  It is STILL very soothing to me when I am anxious or upset. 

What a powerful testimony. Thank you so very much for sharing this.

Mary, I have listened so many times over the years as people ask me "How can you do this?  Don't you blame God for never having a child survive?  Don't you blame God for all the abuse you suffered, that he let you go thru that?"  It took a long time for me to realize it but God had a plan for me.  I made my own choices in life, both good and bad.  While the loss of my babies was heart wrenching and something I would NEVER wish on anyone, it is what led me to making these lil gowns.  For me, I know it comforts the parents to know someone cared enough to spend the time to create this lil gown for an unknown angel.  That's why I make sure it is my best work!  As for the abuse I suffered, it has simply made me a much stronger woman.  I know that eventually I will work with battered women as well.  Btw, I actually have started a book and one day I will be strong enough to finish it!!!!  It is titled "more Lives Than  A Cat" because i have survived so many times when I should have died, even having my angel Marianna should have been the end but NOPE!!!!!  There's a larger plan for my life & I think I am finally where I should be.  Newly married, my husband is a huge supporter of me sewing these burial garments.  He buys whatever I need and during his month long chemo treatment, he planned to cut out dresses for me but he was just too sick and unable to do anything.  

To sum it all up, while I went thru some bad stuff, I wouldn't change anything because it brought me to where I am right this moment.

Sophia, you have such an amazing testimony!! Thank you for sharing. You are (and have already) going to impact so many lives!!