This particular blog is for updates etc..so thought I would post a few for you..
1. FINANCIAL HELP STILL NEEDED: HAIN is still seeking financial donations to cover the entire year. This covers forum as our main Web site now so years coverage, plus forum helps (when website is down we pay for our host to fix the problems) , domain fees, Banking fees (for business type account). It takes about $1000.00 a year to run HAIN completely. We have made cut backs by now only having one domain etc.. Brian and myself over the years paid over half of all fee's which is of course a blessing, but am opening it to allow others to give if they wish to help in this way. (All extra's can go towards the next years cost) There are no paid staff to run HAIN so all goes directly to cover running HAIN. When we get allot of extra we also will pick active volunteers and send yarns, material etc..to help make more items for HAIN, and cover shipping of collected donations the headquarters received from volunteers.
Our button to donate is to the right of the forum towards the top of our main forum home. You can find address there to give a check/money order to HAIN as well. Or debit/credit card options are there. We do go through paypal as a secure option (they process our donations, however you do not have to have a paypal account to give. There are options on there for this)
We are also asking now for next years needs.
2. UNACTIVE MEMBER REMOVAL: HAIN received a notice our memory is low, for the first time ever. So to control this we will be working to remove unactive posting members from HAIN. Meaning if you have been here lets say 6 months to a year and we have not heard from you for whatever reason we will remove your account. Why? All of us members have our own profiles, with several pages with in them. Which takes space. If someone joined and may have forgotten etc..this is space HAIN can use for more active members, which all are very much needed. Active members just means you post at our roll calls or on forum at least once a month. No giving is ever required!
3 UPDATING RAVELRY:. I will be working on updating all broken pattern links on RAVELRY.COM where HAIN has a forum area as well as the founders patterns free (on my profile there: MaryMGlynn) I simply have not been on Ravelry since updating our forum.
4. PATTERNS NEEDED FOR CHARITY USE: I am still collecting patterns for charity use and hope to still produce in PDF format much of our patterns so our members can have them in one document or in a series of documents, to make it easier. If you have any patterns you created and would like to donate for HAIN to use please send pattern to email@example.com and write on pattern you give HAIN permission to use pattern. Please post picture of finished items with pattern/head of pattern etc..
5. DONATING ITEMS:
Not sure where to donate? If you cannot give locally, then please feel free to go to downloads tab (members only can see this link to spreadsheet) click on tab and then go to spreadsheets. You will find a list of requested items. Please let Cheryl know by posting on forum in the divisions area in appropriate forum letting her know you donated and where so she can update spreadsheet accordingly. Or email her firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want a receipt and even if you do not HAIN likes to see where our charity is giving even if its a place not listed on our spreadsheet please email email@example.com she adds info to our database so we can have this for our records. THANK YOU!! HAIN is no longer assigning FMV on items, so any items you get if you want a receipt you will need to list that yourself.
6. HAIN ROLL CALL: Each month Diana Richie puts up a roll call, we need you to respond to them just to let us know you are still here. Thats our only requirement as a charity as that you post on our forum, anywhere once a month in order to be considered active. All unactive members will be removed to conserve space on our website. If you are generally active and cannot post once a month that is fine. We are talking VERY unactive members (meaning no post ever usually)
7. NEWSLETTER HELP: Diana R. creates our monthly newsletters. She is in need of articles, updates and more. Please contact her for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
8. BEREAVEMENT STORIES: We are seeking bereavement stories. If you have a story of your loss please send it to email@example.com we will share it here on the forum and possibly a future publication to help let others know they are not alone.
If you have any questions please let us know.