Sign in to follow this  
MaryGlynn

Quiet around here...

Rate this topic

So today is another photography class. I always love them. I learn so much. I need to get more motivated though, I admit. With getting 2 graduated, 2 others (my daughter and my oldest) moving into an apartment together as roommates, and all the other stuff it's hard to concentrate and focus on my career right now. 

It will be weird to only have 1 kid at home, once the 2 graduate because more than likely they will be moving closer to the college I am sure.

I only have 4 kids, but one of the kids who is staying with us is a young lady who was under age and her mom has mental illness and kicked her on the streets. My son Gabe who is graduating was friends with her since middle school. He used to come home worried about a friend of his. Well she has lived here with us since July of 2015. I am proud to say she is graduating and going to college. She will be one of the first in her family to graduate. She is such a sweetheart, I am proud of her. I consider her one of my kids. So I have had 4 teenagers this past few years that keep me busy and running.

My oldest whom is disabled 26 years old, has high functioning Asd and other nero disorders is an adult who lives in an adult disabilities home. So he can feel independent. He has done so well that himself and my daughter are going to roommate. She got a job interview for the same company my husband worked for. It looks promising. She has a job, but the hours are terrible. She might get only 30 hours for 2 weeks. Then they may cut her hours to 12 a week. It's crazy. So she is excited to work full time with overtime options if she gets the job. Plus they will start her over minimum wage.

So yes this is one busy momma ;) But it's good and I wouldn't have it any other way. Unfortunately one day it will be just me, so I need to focus on getting into gear with my photography. I need to have stability.  

So it's quiet on the forum again, which makes me sad. I know I know we all have lives..haha darn it. I do hope to hear from you. Even if it's to say I am here.

♡s to you all. 

Still here Mary ... your family is amazing!! What a testament to a loving home that young lady is ... being one of the first in her family to graduate is so awesome. 

I truly think that we, as mom's, are busier with teenagers than we were with toddlers. Maybe it's just a different kind of busy. I find I was running them around to different activities and waiting around a lot. I was so thankful (and worried) when they finally got their drivers licenses :) It will be weird for me come this September with both girls at college ... just me and the dogs during the day. I'm so thankful that I started a business and have that to keep me busy during the day! Your photography will get going, Mary! 

I finished a baby blanket the other day and have started another one. Will take pictures and post sometime soon :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Cheryl you are so right. Teens do keep us a running for sure. Whew :33:

My daughter got her job!!!! She was so excited. She was hopping up and down, it was neat to see her face light up. Proud mom moment. :acatlaugh:

Anyway, yes I guess sometimes I am so busy my brain melts, not super physical but mentally. Always mom worries. I know one day I will get that studio and make it happen. 

I cannot wait to see your blanket. Your work is supreme!!!

Congratulations to your daughter, Mary! That is so exciting for her (and you) :)

That is awesome that your daughter got the job!

My great aunt passed away from brain cancer, so I had her service to attend yesterday. They did a really nice job, just so sad to see your family getting older, or getting sick and passing away. :( It really reminds you to live your own life to the fullest and love those around you.

I started a blanket the other night, with this carpel tunnel business, I can only do it for small periods of time. I have been debating on going to see a Dr. but I have no idea what they will even do. I have no interest in pain pills so I have just been dealing with it. Mornings are the worst for some reason, as the day goes on I get a little more movement in my hand without the pain.

Mary - Congrats for your daughter!!

Diana - I'm so sorry for your loss. Go to the doctor to see how bad your carpel tunnel is.  Mine was not too bad on my right but on my left I had a cortisone shot and now I'm fine.  That was 10 year ago.  When I feel it starting to ache, I just put on my wrist brace for a few days and I'm ok.  My mom had the surgery for her right hand and no more pain. But in her case it was the extreme. If you want to treat it naturally try icing it and work on therapy stretches. Good luck.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:23 PM, Diana Richie said:

That is awesome that your daughter got the job!

My great aunt passed away from brain cancer, so I had her service to attend yesterday. They did a really nice job, just so sad to see your family getting older, or getting sick and passing away. :( It really reminds you to live your own life to the fullest and love those around you.

I started a blanket the other night, with this carpel tunnel business, I can only do it for small periods of time. I have been debating on going to see a Dr. but I have no idea what they will even do. I have no interest in pain pills so I have just been dealing with it. Mornings are the worst for some reason, as the day goes on I get a little more movement in my hand without the pain.

Diana I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and I will be praying for comfort. You are right it is hard. Every year we have a family reunion and it's hard to see the age of my aunt's and uncles who I grew up around and they were so lively and now they look so much older. It's hard. Again I am so very sorry. 

My heart goes out to you.